Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Work on the Horizon...

After the early part of 2012 I will have three books or stories available to the public. I have set a goal of around twenty works ranging from short stories, novellas and possibly one novel or maybe two. Depending on the success or lack of it that number may change. Currently, I'm working on a collection of short stories that belong to a book called The Tequila Diaries. I plan to release a series of shorts from The Tequila Diaries and finally a hardcover which will include the previous released stories and a few more. Inbetween The Tequila Diaries I plan to release a stand alone novella or other short stories. The current piece that is going into production now is called A Breath Before Sunrise.

A Breath Before Sunrise is a 25,500+ word novella that is an expansion of a short story called The Observer, which can be found in Extinction Chronicles. If all goes well I plan one more story in the world created from The Observer before moving on. A Breath Before Sunrise is my longest work to date. In writing the piece I was able to allow the characters to grow in a more organic matter opposed to the quick characterizations found in my short stories. The result is a more satisfying piece with a story that contains a larger scope and it comes across as less ambigious.

If all goes well the next entry to The Tequila Diaries will be a story roughly called A Vote To Kill. The work takes place in the near future after the lingering effects of a failed global economy play havoc with society. The main character is a reformed computer hacker who's life is about to turn on end.

So, as you can see I'm starting to build a library of work. In a few years I should have enough work to where I can feel comfortable but currently I'm trying to get pieces out there as quickly as possible. Time is an issue as well as what is in my budget considering I am independent.

No comments:

Post a Comment