Monday, November 21, 2011

My Books in Public Libraries

Currently, Extinction Chronicles is safely housed in the Bloomsburg Public Library. The head librarian opted to purchase the book for the library. Due to his kind nature, I donated The Tequila Diaries:Organ Donor to the library. I also have Organ Donor in the Tamaqua Public Library.

Most of the libraries in the area have been very receptive to having my books in their collection. There have been a few places that didn’t want my book. The reason they stated was that the book wasn’t on the New York Times Bestseller list. I found this kind of strange. Especially since I live locally, I thought they would like to help support a local artist. It kind of figures because the place where I live doesn’t even have a bookstore in the town. It’s an old burned out coal-mining region that is kind of stuck thirty years behind the times. Well, maybe not that bad but hopefully you get the picture.

So, as of now my books are in two public libraries in North Eastern Pennsylvania. As I write more books I don’t think I will bend over backwards to get them into public libraries. Well, maybe some of them but not the places that weren’t particularly friendly to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment